Thursday, November 26, 2009

Keeping the Workplaces Organized

I had lots of help cleaning out the shed Wednesday! 

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Completed Wood Box

The wood box is finished. Repaired the lid. Secured the corners and the hinges. Then lightly sanded the whole box. Used Provincial stain to darken the areas where the wood grain showed. Then I used a paste wax over the whole box and buffed it to give it protection and shine.

Thursday, November 19, 2009


These were the only two porch posts with the dollhouse when we bought it.

I hand-carved  two which will be placed on the ends of the porch.  The two original will frame the door.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wooden Box

Purchased for $1.  Needs some work.  Board split around hinges.
Need to decide about finish.

An inside look....

Saturday, November 14, 2009


Trimmed out the windows and door on the front of the house. Painted them a light tan color.

Put a trim piece on the ends to cover the cracks where the board meet. Gives some definition to the ends.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doll House Painted

Painting the exterior is another step in the process. We used paint we had on hand. Rebecca liked the color for the house. Next I will work on the window trim.