Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Dolly's" Almost Done!

 The wife got a little eager to show the brown and pink exterior (I had just touched-up the brown paint, as the photo shows).
The "dolly" is really starting to take shape!  You may see that I have put trim around the floors of the room (painted white).  The very top of the chimney will be painted pink to match the other exterior trim.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Painting "Dolly"

After painting the interior white, I applied wallpaper to the attic ceiling (closer look below) and the back wall of the room on the lower floor of the original house.

We went shopping for paint for the house's exterior.  We had a difficult time finding dark brown in a small amount (pint or quart).
Finally, at Meijer, while looking at "paint mistakes" we found a gallon of paint that will work!  We paid about 1/2 of what a quart would cost and just a little more than a pint!

Watch for the pink trim to accent the brown exterior!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The "Dolly"

This is how I will add two rooms to the original two. Note the attic area, now open since the roof covering it was removed.

Me, too.


"I like to work a lot with wood.  I make furniture that falls apart.  I also sew."  Tim Conway

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Remodeling the "Dolly" -- K.I.S.S.

This doll house has been sitting in our sunroom holding magazines on its "floors".  We are currently dreaming about remodeling it to give to a granddaughter for her birthday.  Shhhhhhhhh.  The goal is to add a couple of rooms and to Keep It Simple and Sturdy for young hands to enjoy.

I've already discovered an attic room accessible by removing the front part of the existing roof.  I think I can use the section I removed to cover the addition.  Stay tuned!

Our House Sign

I made the frame and fastened the tiles inside.  Once the weather gets warm enough, we'll figure out where to hang it!  One of Rebecca's friends from college did the painting and lettering.