Thursday, June 30, 2011


See previous post for prior condition.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Project for our Daughter

 Our daughter brought this damaged, small chest for me to repair.
 I've put a bottom in the broken drawer and primed the chest for painting...
 Tomorrow I'll apply the final coat of paint 
and try a couple of styles of pulls.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Prime Time

 Sanded and ready for primer.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

This Will Be Next

 Found for $2 at a garage sale on Friday.
 It's got a few rough spots.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bench Stress

 I replaced old boards on the bench above with some other old boards.  
I sanded the top lightly trying to keep as much white paint as possible...
then put a coat of seal on it.
This stressed bench is about 1 1/2" shorter after I had to cut some rot off the bottom.
(It has set on the ground for about 2 years--all seasons.)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The End

 Inside - one coat of poly...
Outside - two coats poly.
Hardware attached.
The end.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tack Box Two

Stenciled.  Sealing begun...

Friday, June 3, 2011

Tack Box

 A friend built this tack box for his daughter.
He asked me if I would stain and seal it.
 So, after sanding it, I am applying the stain he selected.
Before sealing it, I'm going to stencil the owner's name on it
and maybe a couple of horseshoes, too!
Tonight was a beautiful evening to work on this project...
garage door open, natural light, etc.