Friday, June 27, 2014

Console Table

A few weeks ago, we found an oval coffee table.  We didn't need a coffee table, but I liked the legs on it and thought I might be able to use them in remodeling a piece of furniture in the future.  My wife suggested we cut the top in half to make two console tables.  And so our search began for 8 legs to use for the two tables.  The first legs were created from a baby bed that we found tossed out with someone's trash.  (The remains shown below).
I turned the half-round table over and began to figure out a way to attach the legs to its underside.  I also decided to incorporate the original coffee table's apron into the new console table.
Today I finished the assembly and have sanded down the table.  
It is awaiting a decision about what color to paint it!  I'm pretty pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always open to suggestions! Ideas and helpful comments welcomed.