Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One New Project; One On-Going

This toy box was purchased at a thrift store for $10. There were a few places that needed to be better secured. I filled a few rough spots with wood filler. I have done a little sanding and will finish sanding and paint the box.

Since the last view of the doll house, I secured the porch posts and put one coat of paint on them. You will notice the porch roof is started. I used 40 grit sand paper. I cut 1" strips, giving me eight strips. I placed a notch for the shingle effect one inch apart. I glued them with a quarter inch overlap over each row. Double click on the picture for a close up view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always open to suggestions! Ideas and helpful comments welcomed.